BOOKING IS NOW OPEN FOR OUR SECOND COURSE! PLEASE APPLY HERE.
Six Workshops on Sex
WORKING WITH PSYCHOSEXUAL ISSUES IN THERAPY
This course is intended for psychotherapists, counsellors and psychologists who may work with couples and individuals who present in therapy with relationship and sexual difficulties. Psychosexual concerns are often central to the presenting issues in therapy, yet often go unexplored. The aims of the course are to enable therapists to develop a level of comfort to assess and identify such problems. The course material focuses on the integration of knowledge into practice thus enabling conversations on key areas of sexuality or sexual difficulties. The course will also focus on the therapeutic tools and essential skills required to effectively support clients to deal with such complex matters. There will be a strong emphasis on practical skills, experiential learning and debate.
Our first series of workshops will be held in Dublin from October 2016 to May 2017. We are open to providing this training in other locations. Each day is designed to be standalone, however each workshop builds up into a comprehensive training.
The venue will be in the Mespil Hotel, Dublin.
Continuing Professional Development
CPD certificates will be provided at the end of each day. All three trainers are ICP registered psychotherapists.
The subjects for each workshop are as follows.
- 9.30 Arrivals, registration, coffee
- 10.00 Starts
- 1pm- 2pm Lunch
- 4.30pm Ends
The three trainers will share the teaching, and for most of these workshops more than one trainer will be facilitating.
There is still one workshop left in our first series:
- Saturday 13th May 2017: Sexual Fantasies/fetishes/kink/polyamory/chemsex etc – common themes in therapy
If you’ve not attended any of our first series of workshops, you may prefer to wait and start with a new group in Autumn 2017:
- Saturday 7th October 2017: Working with sexuality issues in the therapeutic relationship
- Saturday 11th November 2017: Male sexual dysfunctions, common themes in therapy
- Saturday 13th January 2018: Female sexual dysfunctions, common themes in therapy
- Saturday 17th February 2018: Working with porn issues
- Saturday 24th March 2018: Working with all kinds of couples
- Saturday 21st April 2018: Sexual Fantasies/fetishes/kink/polyamory/chemsex etc – common themes in therapy
The fee for one seminar is €120.
If you can attend four or more workshops, then it’s €100 per workshop. If an organisation is sending a number of people to attend, then please enquire to see if a discount is possible.
PLEASE APPLY HERE.
Please sign up to the mailing list to be first to hear about forthcoming workshops.
Any questions? Please email us.