Now in our sixth year! See below for our 2022 course, which is being held online.
Six Workshops on Sex
WORKING WITH PSYCHOSEXUAL ISSUES IN THERAPY
This course is intended for psychotherapists, counsellors and psychologists who may work with couples and individuals who present in therapy with relationship and sexual difficulties. Psychosexual concerns are often central to the presenting issues in therapy, yet often go unexplored. The aims of the course are to enable therapists to develop a level of comfort to assess and identify such problems. The course material focuses on the integration of knowledge into practice thus enabling conversations on key areas of sexuality or sexual difficulties. The course will also focus on the therapeutic tools and essential skills required to effectively support clients to deal with such complex matters. There will be a strong emphasis on practical skills, experiential learning and debate.
Our first series of workshops was held in Dublin from October 2016 to May 2017. It was so successful that we’ve repeated it every year since, five times now. The most recent one was online.
Each workshop is designed to be standalone, however each workshop builds up into a comprehensive training.
Please see some of the excellent feedback we received from participants here!
Continuing Professional Development
CPD certificates will be provided at the end of each workshop. All three trainers are ICP registered psychotherapists.
The structure for each workshop is as follows.
- 9.00 Zoom meeting opens
- 9.30 Starts
- Two short breaks will be taken during the morning
- 1pm Ends
Two trainers will share each morning’s teaching. All dates are Saturday mornings.
- 15th January 2022: Workshop 1: Working with sexuality issues in the therapeutic relationship
- 5th February 2022: Workshop 2: Male sexual dysfunctions, common themes in therapy
- 5th March 2022: Workshop 3: Female sexual dysfunctions, common themes in therapy
- 26th March 2022: Workshop 4: Sexual Fantasies/fetishes/kink/polyamory/chemsex etc – common themes in therapy
- 23rd April 2022: Workshop 5: Working with porn issues
- 21st May 2022: Workshop 6: Working with all kinds of couples
The fee for one seminar is €120.
If you can attend four or more workshops, then it’s €20 discount per workshop, but only if you pay in advance! If an organisation is sending a number of people to attend, then please enquire to see if a discount is possible.
PLEASE APPLY HERE.
Please sign up to the mailing list to be first to hear about forthcoming workshops.
Any questions? Please email us.